SI recruitment scam : J&K Govt hands over probe to CBI

SI recruitment scam : J&K Govt hands over probe to CBI


SI recruitment scam : J&K Govt hands over probe to CBI


Big step to secure future of our youth, says LG Sinha


The J&K government on Friday said that the selection process for the recruitment of sub inspectors in Jammu and Kashmir Police has been cancelled and a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation has been recommended.

The announcement was made by the Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Friday cancelled which said that the government has recommended a CBI probe into the selection process.

Taking to social media micro-blogging Twitter, the official Twitter handle of LG Sinha wrote: " JKP Sub-Inspector recruitment has been cancelled & a CBI probe has been recommended into selection process. Culprits will be brought to justice soon. It's a first big step towards securing future of our youth & govt will soon decide future course of action for fresh recruitment.”

The order comes after some aspirants had called the JK Police Recruitment exam a 'fraud' and ‘unfair' following which the J&K administration has announced a time-bound probe by a committee headed by Additional Chief Secretary, Home Department, R K Goyal, into the allegations of fraud.

The selection list of Sub Inspector posts for which exam was conducted by JKSSB was declared online on June 4. On June 9, following widespread allegations, LG Sinha had ordered a probe.

“ From the last two-three days, newspapers have been reporting against the conduct of the Sub Inspection selection process by JKSSB. We have decided to constitute a committee headed by Additional Chief Secretary Home R K Goyal that will probe into the matter and submit its report in a time bound manner,” the Lt Governor said.

“ No questions were raised at any other recruitment done so far. If there is any apprehension and doubt in the mind of the people, then it is the duty of the administration to carry out an impartial inquiry and take necessary action. If any irregularity is revealed in the probe, the process shall be cancelled and fresh recruitment will be made,” the Lt Governor had said.

According to reports, the role of a retired paramilitary personal has surfaced in the irregularities who is believed to have gained access to question papers 24 hours before the exam was conducted.

The alleged irregularities came to light after it was found that more than 20 aspirant from one family had secured more than 100 marks in the main exam, making them eligible for appointment.
‘Some officials in JKSSB entered into a deal with students who were preparing in some libraries for written test held on March 27.

They contacted the students through some touts and the exam papers were sold. This is the reason that the students of some libraries have passed the exam with good marks,” reports said.

A Jammu-based newspaper reported that one student who had obtained only 19 marks in Accounts Assistant written test and Panchayat Accounts Assistant has got 132 marks, “There are several cases and not one or two, which creates doubts Brighter Kashmir tried reaching the chairman of Jammu & Kashmir Service Selection Board Rajesh Sharma for his comments but he didn’t respond.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post